2.4
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My complaint concerns the addition of DEF (diesel exhaust fluid). I was asked if I wanted to fill the DEF tank in my GMC 2500 Diesel PU.

I asked how they would add it and was told it was in a 2.5 gallon container and if not all used, they would put the remainder in the bed of my truck. While watching the employee add the fluid, when it ran over, he jerked the fill hose out and DEF went flying everywhere. It covered the area near the fill spout on the truck, up on the windshield, as far out as the radiator and half way to the other side of the engine compartment. I told him he needed to flush that entire area as I did not want the discoloration or possible corrosion activity on any parts in the engine compartment.

This person said okay, but did nothing. I told the person who said I was ready to go the same thing. He produces a 1 qt spray bottle and 1 paper towel and begins to lightly spray and wipe a small area. I told him to forget it, I would flush the area when I got home.

I then looked in the bed of my truck and there sits a partially used 2.5 Gallon DEF container. Fill hose still attached, no cap to prevent spillage or dust/dirt from entering while in storage.

VERY unhappy with the service today. Not even an apology for slopping the DEF everywhere.

Preferred solution: Probably going to cost me half a container of DEF fluid when I throw it away due to contamination, but will cost you when I stop bringing multiple vehicles in for service. I'm as upset about no apology for sloppy work as I am about the lack of concern..

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 06.

Comments