Update by user Jan 31, 2014

Thirty business days have elapsed and the credit card company has issued me a refund for the amount of money that was in dispute, with the stipulation that the company can still challenge my claim in the next forty five business days. Like the great philosopher Yogi Berra once said “It's not over till it's over”.

Original review posted by user Dec 19, 2013

Went to Valvoline Instant Oil Change in Troy NY on Dec.2 to get an oil change and a tire rotation, nothing requiring a Masters degree in mechanical engineering. When the time came to retrieve the car the wheel lock was still on the lug nut that was attached to the wheel. That alone should have triggered an alarm. After a few days had gone by there were drip marks on the ground, being retired the car doesn't get used everyday. Checked the reservoirs, oil, power steering, radiator, and brake fluid, nothing.

Called the dealer to make an appointment to check out the leak. After inspecting the problem, they found that the oil filter hadn't been tightened. The mechanic installed a new filter and topped off the oil.

Emailed Valvoline Instant Oil Change to let them know and that I would like to be compensated for the bill from the dealer. Their customer support is actually worse than the mechanics that work on your car because I'm still waiting to hear from them. In the meanwhile, I'll call the credit card company to stop payment until we can work out the agreement that I proposed to them.

Learned a priceless lesson by going there, never trust your car to anybody that doesn't have a reputable reputation or by checking at least three reviews online first.

Review about: Valvoline Instant Oil Change Oil Change.

Had an Experience with Valvoline Instant Oil Change?

Comments