Valvoline Instant Oil Change - Review in Service Centers and Customer Services category from East Meadow, New York
I went to Valvoline in Westbury, NY yesterday to have an oil change, I have a 1999 infinity g20.The car has high mileage, but there were no issues with my car at all.
When I got my car back after the oil change, I started to drive off, my car was hesitating. I was almost hit leaving Valvoline. I found it to be because my car had no issues before I brought it there. So I drove around for a little while first and brought it back within seven minutes later.
They looked at it put a computer to it open up the head chef at the engine and said everything was fine, then all of a sudden my check engine light came on, so then they test drove it and they felt the sluggishness too. They said maybe something was loose, then checked the engine again. Drove it again. Took the check engine light off and said everything was fine.
So I left and went around the corner to the bodega. When I tried to start my car upon leaving the bodega, my car wouldn't start at all. I've tried 4 times but it wouldn't start. This is less than two hours later, & I didn't go anywhere else once again there was nothing wrong with my car before the oil change.
At that point I called Valvoline and let them know. The assistant manager said he'd meet up with me right away. After looking at the car for 10 minutes he couldn't give me a straight answer as to what was going on. It was more of him assuming that maybe this is wrong, or maybe that is wrong.
Then he suggested that I take my car to the mechanic, or to an autoparts store to have a diagnostics test done. So I went around the corner to mechanic that I know, they're pretty trustworthy, and after checking my car out they told me it was the mass airflow. I am a young single mother who receives welfare, where am I supposed to get the money to get this fixed? And isn't it's their fault?
I was told that the Mass Air Flow is next to the event that they opened up to clean out. So it's pretty obvious that there was some type of negligence here, either that or they purposely did it so I can come back to them. My next question is how do I get them to take responsibility for it? What do I do?
I don't want to hear maybe this is a coincidence. I need my car to drop my children off at daycare every morning.
This is really adding a lot of stress to me.I came in for an oil change and now my vehicle no longer works.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My father went in one day to get his truck's tires aligned and the truck was dropped. Not only were there external damages, but also internal. They had promised him..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "We purchased a bumper for our car. Macco was to paint it. They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick..."
- "My last 2 cars were Nissan's, I received a coupon in the mail saying because of my loyalty and the fact I never missed a car payment I was pre-approved..."
- "Walmart should be out of business as they could are less about customer service!!! Ordered tv 10times. Employees STOLE them from site to store pickup!!!! Promised to have my tvs..."
- "We purchased a leather couch from Bob's Furniture in Farmingdale long island. Two years later the leather started peeling. We purchased the Goof Proof protection that we were..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."