Valvoline Instant Oil Change - Review in Service Centers and Customer Services category from East Meadow, New York

I went to Valvoline in Westbury, NY yesterday to have an oil change, I have a 1999 infinity g20.The car has high mileage, but there were no issues with my car at all.

When I got my car back after the oil change, I started to drive off, my car was hesitating. I was almost hit leaving Valvoline. I found it to be because my car had no issues before I brought it there. So I drove around for a little while first and brought it back within seven minutes later.

They looked at it put a computer to it open up the head chef at the engine and said everything was fine, then all of a sudden my check engine light came on, so then they test drove it and they felt the sluggishness too. They said maybe something was loose, then checked the engine again. Drove it again. Took the check engine light off and said everything was fine.

So I left and went around the corner to the bodega. When I tried to start my car upon leaving the bodega, my car wouldn't start at all. I've tried 4 times but it wouldn't start. This is less than two hours later, & I didn't go anywhere else once again there was nothing wrong with my car before the oil change.

At that point I called Valvoline and let them know. The assistant manager said he'd meet up with me right away. After looking at the car for 10 minutes he couldn't give me a straight answer as to what was going on. It was more of him assuming that maybe this is wrong, or maybe that is wrong.

Then he suggested that I take my car to the mechanic, or to an autoparts store to have a diagnostics test done. So I went around the corner to mechanic that I know, they're pretty trustworthy, and after checking my car out they told me it was the mass airflow. I am a young single mother who receives welfare, where am I supposed to get the money to get this fixed? And isn't it's their fault?

I was told that the Mass Air Flow is next to the event that they opened up to clean out. So it's pretty obvious that there was some type of negligence here, either that or they purposely did it so I can come back to them. My next question is how do I get them to take responsibility for it? What do I do?

I don't want to hear maybe this is a coincidence. I need my car to drop my children off at daycare every morning.

This is really adding a lot of stress to me.I came in for an oil change and now my vehicle no longer works.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #686029

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Valvoline Instant Oil Change? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Valvoline Instant Oil Change. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Valvoline Instant Oil Change.
Filing a new complaint about