I have owned this car for over six years and have just under 150K miles on it. I change the oil every 5.000 miles (which equates to 28 oil changes w/ this last one being 29.

Of ALL the oil changes up to this last one I HAVE NEVER been REQUIRED to purchase a 'premium' or 'upgraded' oil filter. Only AFTER they had drained the oil did VIOC informed that there was a $10 up-charge for their 'required' 'premium' oil filter. It's not enough that they charge $6/ quart for any oil (standard grade) over 5 quarts, now they've worked in another 'hidden' charge. The total for a standard oil change came to $61.

It's $40 @ the dealer and they wash the car too.

Valvoline didn't even wash the windshield. Bye, Bye, Valvoline!

Review about: Valvoline Instant Oil Change Oil Change.

Comments

Lexington, Kentucky, United States #838140

The 2009 toyota sienna has a canister filter on it the engine is the 2GR-FE

its a special engine requiring at least semi-synthetic oil and does has a

specialty canister filter on it. This engine's cylinder head is made by Yamaha its not

your daddies ford v6. Lotus uses this engine in their Evora V6 sports car

so you should be happy the vehicle only takes 6.4 quarts of oil and not 8.5 like a mercedes.

Naples, Florida, United States #788819

I went to Valvoline in Naples Florida and they told me the same thing for my 2009 Sienna. They said I had used wrong oil filter for the car the last time.

My father in law changed the oil last (God Bless him). He told me that was the correct filter and that they are full of it.

to zendog #1467187

Is your father in law a mechanic. If not he doesn't know.

Google it. Businesses bite the bullet and pay the extra price for a while but soon or later they have to charge for it

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #733676

As you indicate, just another way to pad the bill. Go elsewhere, or change it yourself.