THEY CHARGE WAY TOO MUCH FOR A FREAKIN OIL CHANGE AND INSPECTION- AND A TIRE ROTATION- AND THEY KEPT ON PRESSURING ME TO BUY MORE... UGH, WONT EVER GO BACK!

THEY CHARGED ME 96 BUCKS FOR ALL OF THIS- I THOUGHT TIRE ROTATIONS WERE FREE?

AND ALL THEY KEPT TELLING ME WAS MY CAR NEEDS THIS OR MY CAR NEEDS THAT- ALL I WANT WAS AN OIL CHANGE AND INSPECTION- NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS BUT BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN, THEY THINK THEY CAN SALE ME MORE THAN WHAT IS NEEDED. I feel like I was robbed and wont go back!

Product or Service Mentioned: Valvoline Instant Oil Change Oil Change.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 02, 2011.

Comments

So you got an oil change, probably done in less than fifteen minutes. A tire rotation and inspection, all under a hundred dollars and your complaining? What did you expect to pay?

#1381970

My 17 yo son went there today, total price with a $12 coupon was $40! No help from manager or Corporate.

They stated they are not a “ competive pricing company”.

I have 4 vehicles I regularly take there, but no more! I will go to Walmart if I have to, but never again there.

to Dominic #1420435

lol you are expecting what? A 20 oil change at a 15 minute oil change place.

Maybe you should of sent that spoiled son of yours to a place like wal-mart or a dealer and send him with his homework to do while he is sitting there for hours but nope you sent him to a place that has him out in 15 mins or less.

Or you could get your precious little hands dirty and teach him how to be a man and change his own oil but nope. You would rather complain about instant service because obviously you don't realize that while your car does require oil, that it doesn't require it to be put in instantly while he is sitting in his car.

I am just sitting back laughing at everybody talking about how they get their oil changed at Walmart. I go to Valvoline because they have the best product.

What you guys are putting in your cars is the reason that your car is only last 100,000 miles and mine last 400000. Listen to the people at Valvoline they know how to read the recommendations off of their screen.

Everything recommended as recommended by your manufacturer. They are just trying to make your car last as long as possible.

Actually Valvoline Instant Oil Change works off of a system that basis every recommendation off of your manufacturers mileage. It is their duty as a service center employee to let you know that your systems are due to be updated otherwise your systems can fail and you can crash. So if you would like to think that they were being *** to you because they were trying to help you not die than be my guest.

Burton, Michigan, United States #673878

the garage I own does the following, tire rotation, oil change up to 5 qts, fill wiper fluid, check all fluids, belts, lube,if your check engine light is on we check that. we do this in less then 30 minutes.

Charge $25.00 If your air filter, belts, anti freeze need changed we inform you of that, we show you the problem give you an upfront price and let you decide from there. We have 3 bays so your wait time is still very low. I have 2 techs on each vehicle and then double check them before the car is even released.

I have had nobody come back to *** about a bad job, but i do have lots of repeat customers. And oh yes i only hire state certified techs (Michigan), and I do random drug testing so that may help me out

to auto tech Fort Worth, Texas, United States #696167

$25.00 for that service is too low. How do you make a profit?

At least $25 should go to the tech that does the work, so costs for disposal, fluids, supplies, etc.

go on top of that. I accept at least a $50 charge for an oil change, or more for my diesel truck or my wife's Mini Cooper.

to auto tech #1420436

You 100% are not putting in synthetic oil in a car with a tire rotation for 25$.

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #644045

I sit here and read all the comments posted by techs or people claiming to be techs and I can't help but wonder... Are these the type of foulmouthed non-hometraining having children I want working on MY multithousand dollar investment...

Or even want to do business with.... I think not.

Way overpriced! Go to Walmart and get the same service done for $25

to Bob #1045872

Walmart may have lower prices, but it has had several issues of bad services. I am aware of many cars having drain plugs and oil pans damaged at their stores.

Many new Walmart Supercenter stores opening do not have auto service centers. I wonder why.

They were nice but they find ways of selling you useless ***... I never said they weren't hard working, Im sure they are....

but they still find ways of adding more *** to your bill because as you said, you could care less about your customers... and please, i'd love for you to come over and have a personal chat with me and my husband....

Jane doe is what's wrong with this country. I had a woman who behaves just like this spit in my face at the end of a 12 hour day of busting my ***, for the same ignorant ***.

She didn't know what she was talking about and was angry about something that happened before I was even employed there. I just happened to be the poor soul to greet the dumb *** at the door. All these people are so quick to complain but its mainly ignorance on their part ,a lot is that they are cheap and if your husband or brother or daddy is such a great mechanic PLEASE let them service your busted *** ride. We don't like you either and couldn't care less you won't be back.

Good riddance. These are just hard working guys trying to make a living its impossible to make everyone happy especially with all the dumb *** running loose out there

By the way I wish I could slap you and punch your husband. You obviously just want to complain because you are a ***.

Vioc NEVER lies to you, OR does services without asking you. What you said in your second comment as "Jane ho" is utter bull ***, you're just mad because it cost more than you thought it would and your husband probably got mad at you for going and said something along the lines of "um why did you go there?

I could have done the oil change for 30 bucks in parts, and the tire rotation fr free in my garage", but you didn't because your a retard ***. Shut the *** up, DIE

Tire rotations are never free, of you paid any attention and weren't an ignorant complaining *** you would know this, and charging too much? Yeah, it's called labor...your paying us to do the labor, do you expect to just pay for the oil and we work in your car for free?

This isn't communist Russia, if your unsatisfied with the price DO IT YOURSELF.

Cheap *** people *** me off almost as much as lazy *** people, and you're a great example of both. Quit your *** complaining and grow up, you're an ***.

we dont put ne thing on ur car that u dont want all we can do is recomend it. its ur *** fualt if ur all pissy an nod ur head like ur in sum hurry. if you want good service come to macomb il

if your husbands a mechanic why didnt he just do it himself ?

to rick #1467204

Exactly

I did pay attention and called my husband who is a mechanic and even specified to the mechanic there not to do anything to my car except an oil change but yet they failed to listen to anything we sai and went ahead and worked on my car based off of things that they think needed to be done and than I was stuck with a bill after the fact. The fact of the matter is that mechanics take advantage of people like me who don't know *** about cars and reccomend extra *** that I don't need until a few thousand miles later.

And regarding a tire rotation, they told me it was free and no it was never free, it was an extra 20 bucks to do that....

I went in for a tire rotation and an oil change and my bill ended up being 90 some bucks because they did a bunch of extra *** without consulting me first even though I specifically said do not do anything else except for what I have asked. I really shouldn't have to explain myself, this site is called pissed off consumer and if u don't like what I have to say than go f*** yourself.

VIOCTROLL

The way valvoline presents it's recommendations is 2 ways- visual ie: air filter, wipers, serpentine belt or mileage based ie: trans, diffs, etc. I'm pretty sure what you took as them saying 'you need this and that" was them going over your recommendations that 90% of come from your manufacturer,you know, in the owners manual, recommended services section?

And why would you be upset at them for doing a tire rotation at your request and then having to pay for it? Just because you didn't pay attention to the presentation why would it be there fault?