Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My boyfriend recently got his oil changed at the Valvoline on Dolsen Ave. in Middletown, NY.

After driving 2.5 miles down the road, his motor blew up. We called Valvoline corporate office and started a claim and the technicians from Middletown came out to look at the car the next day. They took pictures of the car and encouraged us to have the motor looked at by a full service garage. We took it to First Class in Middletown, NY and the report came back stating the motor blew up because it did not have enough oil in the car.

After giving this report to Valvoline, we were informed that Valvoline is not taking any responsibility. I am absolutely outraged by this lack of responsibility for the company's action, as well as the lack of respect this company has for their customers.

As of now, we are in the process of taking this company to court. I am disgusted by this situation and I wanted to share my story so potential customers can be aware of the type of company their are deciding to use for an oil change.

Product or Service Mentioned: Valvoline Instant Oil Change Oil Change.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 03, 2016.

Comments

If your car blew up 2.5 miles after an oil change it was about to blow anyways. You car run a car for prolly 10 miles or more with no oil for that to happens

Struthers, Ohio, United States #1183737

I just had the same thing happened they stripped the oil plug on 1 car and i blew the motor in a truck after a oil change

Wallingford, Connecticut, United States #1179355

Im sry that happened to u.. But the valvoline store i work at is amazing.

And we have never blown a motor.. My old manager is one of the head guys now and i kno for a fact that they will replace ur car

to Anonymous #1512969

So what's the process to go about for this b/c they did the same to my vehicle. Thanks for any info...